When searching for a cremation keepsake urn, we understand that you’re not at a lack for choices. But has anyone ever given you some ideas on what an urn should offer you beyond being…a vessel?
When we went through the journey of selecting a cremation keepsake urn for our son, Eric, we made the decision based on time pressures, availability and grief. None of these things made the process a comforting one or lent themselves towards us feeling we were comfortable with our choice. Our goal is to help our customers through a process we were so shocked by and as a result, make your journey towards selecting the right cremation keepsake urn one filled with celebration and memories instead of pressure and grief.
Here are five things that we feel every keepsake cremation urn should fulfill:
- Personality: There’s no reason that a cremation urn can’t celebrate the vibrancy and life of your loved one. Look for designs and materials that compliment a life well-lived and the soul you’ll never forget.
- Purpose: We hand-select each piece in the Une Belle Vie collection knowing that it’s entirely possible our customers will choose a vessel while they are still alive. They may choose multiple vessels throughout their lifetime that reflect who they are and what their life means at that particular moment. Urns very in durability, so keep in mind whether you’ll be selecting the keepsake cremation urn for burial or memorial and if you’ll plan on moving the urn frequently.
- A Wish: Yes, your cremation keepsake urn should fulfill a wish. When you think of the loved on for whom you’re selecting the urn, it’s a way to fulfill something about that person. Their personality, lifestyle, quirks…the things that made you love them.
- Sharing: The cremation process makes it possible for us to be scattered, buried or memorialized. All of these allow us to rejoin the earth and lives that meant so much. A cremation keepsake urn is can help families share in the joy of a loved one’s life as well as help you deal with the pain of loss. Consider how your urn will help you share this lovely life with those people, places and things they loved so very much.
- Your Timeline: We never understood that we had a choice when our son Eric passed away. Decisions had to be made at a moment’s notice – or so we thought. Give yourself permission to let the selection process involved in choosing a cremation keepsake urn serve your timeline. There are inexpensive temporary vessels that can protect your memory until you find or have created the exact vessel that best expresses the life you want to celebrate. Never let anyone tell you otherwise.